CityJSON v1.1 is released!
Dec 1, 2021
We’ve been working hard, in collaboration with Geonovum, on improving CityJSON and we’re happy today to release version 1.1 🎉🍾🚀
- small fixes that annoyed developers (full list of changes)
- very large CityJSON can be streamed efficiently with the new
- CityJSON is the first encoding to be conformant with the OGC CityGML v3.0
Perhaps more importantly, we have updated the eco-systems:
- cjio has been updated to v0.7 and offers an upgrade operator to automatically upgrade your existing files
- CityJSON has a new validator and it is by our rough estimates 68129X times faster (written in Rust)
- you can upgrade your files automatically and pain-free
- the online view ninja supports v1.1 already
If you are a developer, you can see on this page what you need to do to update your code to be ready for v1.1 files. Most changes are small, and we expect this upgrade to take a maximum of a few hours.