- Cities converted from CityGML
- Simple geometries
- Generating automatically your own CityJSON dataset
- Every buildings (~10M) in the Netherlands
- The topography of the Netherlands in 3D
- All USA buildings
- Paid datasets $$$
|dataset||CityGML file (size)||CityJSON file (size)||textures||validity||details|
|Den Haag||[GML] (23MB)||[JSON] (2.9MB)||none||62% features valid||'Tile 01', Buildings (in LoD2) and Terrain are merged|
|Montréal||[GML] (56MB)||[JSON] (5.4MB)||none||86% buildings valid||Tile 'VM05'. Buildings in LoD2|
|New York||[GML] (590MB)||[JSON] (105MB)||none||99.9% buildings are valid (only 21 are invalid)||Tile 'DA13'. Buildings in LoD2|
|Railway||[GML] (45MB)||[JSON] (4.3MB)||[ZIP]||74% features valid||CityGML demo. Buildings, Railway, Terrain, Vegetation (with Implicit Geometries), Water, Tunnels|
|Rotterdam||[GML] (16.0MB)||[JSON] (2.6MB)||[ZIP]||76% buildings valid||Neighbourhood 'Delfshaven'. Buildings in LoD2|
|Vienna||[GML] (37MB)||[JSON] (5.3MB)||none||98.5% buildings valid||Buildings in LoD2|
|Zürich||[GML] (3030MB)||[JSON] (292.9MB)||none||76% buildings valid||Buildings in LoD2|
It should be observed that on average CityJSON compresses ~6X a CityGML, and that without any loss of information (see details).
Please be aware that we simply converted the datasets as they are (with citygml-tools). Datasets contain errors.
- cube.json – a unit cube
- tetra.json – a simple tetrahedron
- torus.json – a unit cube with a genus of one
- msol.json – one MultiSolid: 2 unit cubes that are not adjacent
- csol.json – one CompositeSolid: 2 adjacent unit cubes
- twocube.json – one object as two geometries: 2 unit cubes adjacent (sharing a face)
Every building in the Netherlands, automatically reconstructed. Each building is available in 3 levels-of-details: LoD1.2, LoD1.3, and LoD2.2.
Every building (in LoD1.2), every canals, every road, every bridge, in 3D. In CityJSON.
Please be aware that the tiles are very big, and they will most likely bring ninja or QGIS to their knees… The solution for the time being is to use a computer with 16GB+ of RAM, and use cjio to extract only the buildings for instance.
The project Open City Model has converted all buildings in the USA to LoD1 buildings and offers them in CityJSON.
Watch out: the coordinates are in (lat, long, meters), which means that there’s a mix of units (degrees and meters) and several viewers and processing software do not like this very much…
- 3dcityloader.com offers an online service where you can download custom areas for a few cities. Areas up to 0.3km² are free of charge.